The Harvard Business School Association of Hong Kong (HBSAHK) is a non-profit organization and relies on the continued support from its members to fund its daily operations and events.
Since the Extraordinary General Meeting on 7th September 2006, all fees for the regular membership of HBSAHK have been waived and all existing paid memberships were frozen. If the decision is made at a future date to reintroduce membership fees, those frozen paid memberships will be reinstated with the same remaining validity as of 7th September 2006.
Since the Annual General Meeting on 27th September 2018, there is an update on the two classes of membership: Ordinary Member and Associate Member; details are as below:
Apply to becomeHBSAHK ORDINARY MEMBER
An Ordinary Member shall be anyone in Hong Kong who qualifies under one or more of the following categories and has fulfilled the membership criteria updated periodically by the Board of Directors:-
- Anyone who has graduated from a Harvard Business School (HBS) program and has been granted alumni status by HBS. Please refer to the list of qualifying programs here.
- Anyone who has been a member of the faculty of the Harvard Business School.
Apply to become HBSAHK ASSOCIATE MEMBER
An Associate Member shall be anyone in Hong Kong who qualifies under one or more of the following categories and has fulfilled the membership criteria updated periodically by the Board of Directors:-
- Anyone who has completed a Harvard Business School program but not granted alumni status by HBS.
- Anyone resident in Hong Kong who has completed one of the official programs offered by the Association.
- Anyone resident in Hong Kong who has served as a senior member of the administration team at Harvard Business School.
- Anyone not resident in Hong Kong who has graduated from an official program at Harvard Business School but who occasionally visits Hong Kong and wishes to maintain a relationship with the Association.